Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

First Full Day

So today is my first full day in Sicily!  I arrived yesterday at about 4pm local time to my apartment and got settled in, met a few people in the program, and realized I know just about nothing in Italian...  Since nothing much exciting really happened, I figured I would at least share my decision to come to Sicily through the program offered by Arcadia University:

There were a few main factors in my decision to study here.  First off was the professionalism the Arcadia University study abroad coordinators showed in my quest to come here.  At all of the study abroad fairs Saint Michael's offered, I felt the Arcadia representative explained everything the best.  Of course, the courses offered also seemed quite interesting to me.  Being a biology major, there were only a few countries/locations I could have gone to to take biology courses.  The Arcadia program through MCAS (Mediterranean Center for Arts and Sciences) offered some interesting once-in-a-lifetime biology courses (Volcanology and Mediterranean Ecosystems).  Finally, the location is beautiful!  I have yet to fully explore everything offered by Syracusa and the rest of the island, but I am sure there are many more beautiful surprises than those one can find on Google Images.

No comments:

Post a Comment